Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - "Blackstone Red Blend"

Name: Blackstone Red Blend 
Variety: 46% Merlot, 44% Syrah, and 10% Petite Syrah
Region: Acampo, California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $9

Winery review: Full of ripe flavors and soft round textures with nice, mature length. The wine is a delicious blend of Merlot, which contributes pretty blackberry, cherry, and strawberry flavors. The Syrah adds dark color and black cherry with cracked black pepper aromas and flavors, and the Petite Sirah contributes inky color, deep black raspberry flavors, and a mature tannin and structure for palate weight. Oak aging contributes smoky overtones, nice rich vanilla flavors, and plenty of smooth weight to the wine. - (January 9, 2012 by Anita Chef)

My review: I thought this wine was very different. I'm still starting to like red wines but this wine was full of flavor. I definitely could drink this wine with food and it definitely left me with a variety of flavors. I thought it was pretty smooth and I would drink this wine again.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment