Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - "Rex-Goliath Chardonnay"

Name: Rex-Goliath Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay and aged in french oak
Region: Madera, California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $7

Winery review: Rex Goliath Chardonnay is a true sun-kissed California Chardonnay with bold aromas of apple and pear, combined with the classic spices of Grandma’s apple pie. Tropical fruit, pineapple and melon flavors combine with well-integrated layers of crème brûlée and a smattering of vanilla.   

I’ve added a splash of aromatic white varietals to provide layers of delicate floral notes coupled with bright citrus character. Round fruit and vibrant acidity are harmoniously balanced with French oak. The oak used for our wines is a proprietary blend of French oak, with varying degrees of toasting. This gives the Rex Goliath oak profile a distinct flavor, like no other wine on the planet!

To me, this is the ultimate food wine…it goes with everything from ahi tuna tartare, to Asian chicken salad, to good ol’ mac and cheese! - (January 31, 2012 by Anita Chef)

My review: Although bias because I love white wine, I thought this bottle was pretty good. It has an interesting sweet kick to it, but I definitely could pick up on a few fruits while I was tasting the wine. I would drink this whine again and hopefully get to drink it with a good pasta.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment