Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wine Tasting - Apothic Red Winemaker's Blend 2011

Name: Apothic Red Winemaker's Blend 2011
Variety: Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $11

Winery review: Julian Gray wrote "Opaque purple with violet rim. Blueberry, boysenberry, grape-flavored Now and Later candy, sweet oak, and chocolate aromas and flavors. Vanilla mid-palate with a cinnamon, spice box back note. Rich, full bodied, sweet, jammy, and fruit forward. Great for beginners or for those who glug wine like its soda pop." -84 points

My review: I actually did not enjoy this wine that much. I believe it is because it reminded me of black berries and black cherries which I do not care for. It was sweeter than most of the reds that I have had as well. It wasn't the absolute worst wine I've had, but I've had way better red wines than this. Part of this too could be because of the blend varieties in this wine. If you are into darker fruits and like vanilla, you might appreciate this wine more than I did. If i were to drink this wine with food, I'd probably choose a pork loin. I do not recommend this wine, unless you are into darker fruits. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment