Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wine Tasting - Insomnia White Wine 2011

Name: Insomnia White Wine Blend
Variety: Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay
Region:  California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $10

Winery review: Steve Heimoff says "This has flavors of oranges, Meyer lemons and tropical fruits, and there’s a good burst of acidity that lends balance. The finish tastes a bit sweet. Pair this selection with Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Indian or Ethiopian dishes."

My review: I really enjoyed this wine. It had a very strong floral essence to it. It had of a little bitter kick to it, but I still enjoyed it. Of the three wines that are in this blend, I tasted the viognier the most. This drink was also pretty strong coming in around 14%. I could see myself eating this with a good tuna or stout.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment