Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wine Tasting - Ck Mondavi Wildcreek Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon (2010)

Name: CK Mondavi Wildcreek Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $18

Winery review: Mike Kopanski wrote, "A little candied, and somewhat on the simple side. We didn't pay much, and got basically what we deserved. When I twisted off the cap, and started pouring, there was a decent aroma of slightly candied blueberry, roses and blackberry. The color is not exactly intense, but relatively Cabernet correct. The fruit seems thin, I suspect from some heavy filtration of some of the flavorful stuff. There is plum and blackberry that is clean but simple. A touch of Cabernet style tannins. Only medium bodied. The finish fades pretty quickly and leaves an industrial taste affecting the ability of the plum and blackberry fruit to show itself." - 84

My review: This was a very dark red wine and I thought it was very good. I loved the combination of oak, cherries, and berries.I would recommend this wine to anyone who likes a full bodied red wine. I would drink this with a good wine meal or a chicken dish.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment