Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tasting - Avant Chardonnay

Name: Avant Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $16

Winery review: Vivid, crisp and bright - the brand new Avant Chardonnay continues the nearly three decades of pioneering distinguished varietal wines from California's cool coastal appellations. Avant is very different from KJ's traditional rich, creamy styles of Chardonnay. Avant bursts with intriguing layers of fresh pineapple, bright green apple, crisp Meyer lemon, juicy pear and wildflowers. The wine's refreshing acidity and sleek mineral notes are balanced by a rounded mid-palate and slight oakiness with a long, pure fruit finish.  (Wine enthusiast in 2010)  — 90

My review: Like every other chardonnay, this wine was very sweet.I am a fan of white wines, especially chardonnay. This wine had a strong fruit aspect to it and I could get a huge dose of apple and pears. If you are a fan of sweet fruity wines, I recommend this chardonnay. I would pair this with a fish or seafood meal for sure.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment