Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Winery Visit - Potomac Point Winery and VIneyard

On Saturday, February 23, I went with my friend to a winery near his house called Potomac Point Winery in Stafford, Va. I took a tour of the winery, listened to a band play there at night, and participated in a few wine tastings.



This winery is located on 275 Decatur Rd. in an area of North Stafford known as Widewater. The place is owned by Cindi and Skip Causey. The winery is 13 acres and is beautiful inside and out. The outside of the winery reminds me of a Castle mixed with an old Italian architecture. Inside there is a tasting room, gift shop, olive oil bar, outdoor courtyard, and a D'vine room to relax and enjoy a bottle. The winery gets its fruit from leased vineyards in Orange, Virginia. However, bottled wines will be generated from the 5 acred vineyard associated with the winery once the vines have reached their maturity level.

After touring around the winery for a bit, my friend and I were able to taste some wines.
Chardonnay (2009)- This was a very good and sweet wine. It had a nose of mango which I enjoyed and it tasted really fruity.

Vin de Paille (2008)- This wine had a very tropical smell to it and a hint of honey definitely stood out. This wine was pretty sweet and I liked it.

Cabernet Franc (2008)- This was a good dark wine which had a berry flavor to it. It was pretty smooth as well and had a wood taste towards the end.

Petit Verdot (2008)- This wine had a very dark color and smelled smoky/pepperish. I really liked it alot and I could've enjoyed this with a good steak or some cheese.


After the tastings, the winery had a nice band come to the courtyard and perform music for the crowd. It was very relaxing music that helped make the night perfect while sipping on some wine. I loved this winery because it was a beautiful place and had a lot of good scenery. They also had a myriad number of wines ranging from white to red. I recommend everyone to go if they ever get the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment