Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - "Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon"


Name: Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Semillon
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price: $9

Winery review: Chardonnay and Semillon are two old French grape varieties that are only blended together in the New World.Chardonnay, from its home in Burgundy, and Semillon, from Bordeaux, are both weighty white-wine grapes so it is not surprising that the resulting blends fall on the heavier end of the spectrum. (wine searcher)


My review: Of all white wines, I think chardonnay might be my favorite. I thought the wine was really sweet and even though I am not a fan of really sweet things, I liked this wine. I could see myself eating this with a good chicken ceasar salad. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment