Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tasting- Concannon Pinot Grigio

Name: Concannon Selected Vineyards Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Central Coast
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $10

Winery review: Smoky grilled peach, pear yogurt aromas with a soft, dry light-to-medium body and a nut brittle and citrus accented finish. A nice choice with food. (Wine group gives it a 89 points and highly recommended)

My review:  I thought this wine was extremely good. I'm coming to find that pinot grigio my be one of my favorites of the white wines. It had a yellowish color and a peachy smell to it. It pretty much had a fruity taste with hints of pears and peaches. It also has a good amount of alcohol which I like (13%). I could definitely drink this with a good trout or mahi mahi meal. I recommend this wine to anyone and especially white wine lovers.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment