Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Honora Vera

Name: Honoro Vera
Variety: 100% Monastrell
Region: Jumilla
Country:Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $7

Winery review: 
88 Points | International Wine Cellar , September/October 2012
(15% alcohol; no oak):  Opaque ruby.  Aromas and flavors of cherry, licorice and black tea, with spice and violet accents.  Spicy and energetic, finishing with zesty cut and good lingering sweetness.  I get no heat from this appealingly open-knit wine's alcohol; it's an outstanding value.

My review: I thought this wine was really good. I tried this wine with a meal and I thought it complimented the meal really well. This wine had a black fruit zing to it and it was really spicy. It had a kick to it that wasn't too much but just right.

I tasted this wine with 16 oz. of bourbon flavored steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment