Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tasting - Querceto Chianti

Name: Castello di Querceto Chianti Classico
Variety: Sangiovese (red)
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $10

Winery review: Sangiovese (or Nielluccio in Corsica), a dark-berried vine, is the most widely planted grape variety in Italy. Virtually synonymous with the red wines of Tuscany, and all the romanticism that goes with the territory, Sangiovese is the core constituent in some of the great names in Italian wine. Italy’s love affair with Sangiovese – and indeed the world’s – is generations old, though recent grapevine research suggests the variety is not as ancient as once thought. 

My review: I thought this wine was ok. I'm more of a fan of white wines and a limited number of red wines. I think I just need to drink more and learn to appreciate wine more to appreciate a wine like this one. The wine was very dark and had a fruity taste. I could see myself enjoying this with a steak or lamb meal. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment