Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tasting - James River White Sauvignon Blanc

Name: The Williamsburg Winery James River White Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Virginia
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $15

Winery review: The wine displays a wonderful floral, perfumed character with a fresh fruit forward approach. There is a creamy vanilla tone that rounds out the balance and makes for a clean fresh finish. This will pair well with many summer foods. It is 13.2% alcohol and it is dry. It is fermented in stainless steel and aged in neutral french oak.  

My review: I thought this wine tasted very good. It had a very fruity aspect to it and even tasted fruity (especially hints of lemon). Though not the best of wines, I think it had a decent finish. I could pair this maybe with snack foods like grapes or a tray of cheeses. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment