Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Tinto Figaro Nino Jesus

Name: Tinto Figaro Nino Jesus
Variety: 100% Grenache 
Region: Aragon/Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $12

My  review:

 I thought this had a tangerine flavor to it and it had a black berry/cherry hint to it. I thought it finished nicely and this wine had a nice fruity flavor to it. If i were to drink this, I would probably eat it with some kind of pasta. 





WInery Review:

4/30/2011 -  WROTE:

88 Points

Surprisingly dark garnet--was expecting something a little lighter.

Nose is prominent right out of the bottle. Earth. Plum fruits. Almost a touch of barnyard. And a bit of heat.

A bit of heat right out the bottle on the palate. Red fruits are very prominent. Smooth coating of the palate, a bit of bite on the edge due to the heat. Smashed red fruits w/o jam. Maybe a touch of white pepper in there to keep it balanced.

Overall, very pleasant, especially for the price.

My review: 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment