Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - "Shoftfire Shiraz"


Name: Shotfire Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Barossa
Country: South Australia
Year: 2009
Price: $23

Winery review: Strong crimson-purple; the rich, complex dark fruits of the bouquet expand on the medium- to full-bodied palate into a savoury, spicy array of plum, blackberry and dark chocolate flavours. Open-fermented and spends 14 months in oak; has a marvellous show record over the past 10 years. (12-Feb-2011) [James Halliday]

My review: Just like the other Shiraz's I've had by Thorn Clarke, this wine was really tasty. I tasted alot of berry type flavors after tasting the wine and there was a slight spicy kick to it as well. This wine was more expensive than the others that I've had which is a downfall, but the wine was really good. I could see myself eating this with a prime rib along with mash potatoes. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment