Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Bodegas Breca Garnacha de Fuego

Name: Garnacha de Fuego
Variety: 100% Grenache cuvee
Region: Aragon/Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $9

Winery review: "The 2011 Garnacha de Fuego, a 100% Grenache cuvee, was aged in both stainless steel and neutral French oak. There are 10,000 cases for the United States. This amazing wine boasts a dark ruby/purple color along with a sweet kiss of jammy black cherries intertwined with crushed rock notes that give the wine an undeniable minerality. As it hits the palate, a full-bodied, voluptuous texture takes hold and the flavor profile moves towards blacker fruits (ripe raspberries and black currants) intermixed with camphor and forest floor. This full-bodied, rich, glycerin-filled effort should drink well for 4-5 years, perhaps longer. "
92 Points
The Wine Advocate

My review: I thought this wine was really good. I tasted a lot of black cherries and it reminded me of trees. This dark colored wine had a nice kick to it and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

I tasted this with a 16 oz. bourbon flavored steak. I think it went really with the steak and definitely complimented its flavors..

No comments:

Post a Comment